Infos Sylt / Westerland
For general information on Sylt / Westerland, please visit www.westerland.de. The website provides you with tons of information at first glance (direct flights, accommodation, etc).
Sylt has very limited accommodations during the time period of the event due to high season on the island. Please make your reservations as early as possible.
All price categories are available staring at 50€ / apartment / day Call (+49) 180/500 99 80 or visit www.westerland.de you can choose English and select “Westerland” to be close to the event to avoid using a car.
The following link should help you to find some information about accommodation in sylt:
http://www.westerland.de/westerland/navigation/bereich/unterkunft-suchen.html then select "übersicht ferienwohnungen" for appartments. In the pop-up window, you can choose for English language.
How to get there
FROM HAMBURG (alternative 1):
- A7 to Flensburg
- Exit Harrislee / Flensburg
- B199 to Niebüll
FROM HAMBURG (alternative 2):
- A23 to Heide
- In Heide, take B5 to Niebüll
From there you follow the signs to Autozug / SyltShuttle
By car with DB CarTrain SyltShuttle:
If you travel by car, we can provide you with a special code with a 50% discount for the DB AutoZug SyltShuttle. Please send your name to email@example.com and we will send you a code. You have to take the code to Ticket Counter 1 in order to get the discount.
Codes are valid from 18.06. to 06.07.2012
The exact departure times can be found on the website of the SyltShuttle
Check in to:
from Niebüll to Westerland
from Westerland toNiebüll
|Mo-Do||Fr||Sa||So/ F||Mo-Do||Fr||Sa||So/ F|
|05:05*||05:05*||05:35*||06:05 3)||05:30||05:30||05:00||06:00 2)|
|08:35||08:35||08:35 4)||09:35 6)||10:00||10:00||08:00||09:00 7)|
|19:35||17:05 1)||14:35 4)||15:35 5)||20:00||18:00||14:00||15:00|
|20:35||16:35 4)||18:35||16:00||18:00 3)|
Ticket Prices SyltShuttle
Return Ticket: Niebuell-Sylt-Niebuell
- Car with 6.0m length, total weight up to 3 tons and 2.7 meter height = 61 Euro
- Car with 6.0m length, total weight of 3 tons and 2.7 meter height = 77;50 Euro
- Car with 6.01 to 8.0m length, total weight of 3 tons and of 2.7 meter height = 111 Euro
- Car with 8.01 to 10.0m length, total weight of 3 tons and of 2.7 meter height = 139 Euro
- Car with 10.01 to 15.0m length, total weight of 3 tons and of 2.7 meter height = 204 Euro
- Car with 15.01 to 21.80m length, total weight of 3 tons and of 2.7 meter height = 275 Euro
Surf Schule Westerland
Attention!!! Sleeping is not permitted!
At the registration, each rider gets a parking ticket and a beach ticket.
Parking/ Sleeping place for the Night
The rider parking lot is located on the Uthlandstrasse. Please follow the signs.
- Via Hamburg Airport (HAM) www.ham.airport.de
Flights from major European cities are available mostly every day.
Contact the airlines directly or contact your travel agency for special offers.
Air Berlin: www.airberlin.de (low cost carrier)
- Via Hamburg Luebeck (LBC) - 2 hours from the island
Ryan Air: www.ryanair.com (From Barcelona, Milan and other)
Westerland is easy accessible with Deutsche Bahn (www.bahn.de) from stations all over Germany (also from Frankfurt/Main within 5 hours)
HAM airport transfer to train:
- Train S1, direction Ohlsdorf / Blankenese every 10 min; duration half hour)
- At Hamburg Altona railwaystation get a ticket for Hamburg Altona to Westerland at the Information desk
- Train Hamburg Altona – Westerland (duration 2,5 hours, from 06.00 to 20.00 h every hour)
Transfer to the location by Cab:
It's around 10€ from the Sylt airport to “Kurpromenade” or “Brandenburger Platz”.